Saturday, February 9, 2013

Awesome Bread, no rise.

 This is my no rise go to bread for anything, and everything.  It's so versatile, you just don't need anything else. No. Really. I like to halve the batch and whip up personal pizzas that looks like brick oven stone pizza. *NOM NOM* It's also great for throwing some sandwich rolls together for the week.

For pizza I love to smear chopped garlic from a jar. It has to be from a jar in all its garlicky juices. I don't know why it's just better. It's an awesome pizza base because it's awesome bread, but recently I used it as  fake Indian Naan bread. I did the same thing as the pizza base with the garlic, added some butter, and consumed.

Image

Image

This is also the best bread to enjoy with some home made Crock Pot Apple Butter *NOM NOM*
Image

I must warn you, bake a large batch, loaves tend to disappear before they have cooled. 

I have found the all white flour ones tend to disappear faster. So to slow us down on bread consumption I do half and half, white and whole wheat. Yeah, right. 

Image 
Use a pan, buns, or super free form!

Did I tell you my favorite part? As soon as you take it out of the oven paint with butter. It makes it shiny and the butta' just melts into all bread holes, and crevasses. 
Quick Bread, pizza base, Awesomeness.

2 ½ C warm water
6 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp oil
6 C flour (White, wheat, what ev! Mix it up go nuts.)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Stir water, yeast, sugar and oil together. Leave for 5 minutes until it becomes frothy on top. Add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well. Knead. Roll out if making a pizza base or shape for use as buns, or a loaf. Bake at 400 degrees  for 10-15 minutes for smaller batches of rolls or pizza base. My loaves generally take 20-25. I set a timer at 20 and eye ball it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment