Friday, April 26, 2013

Almond Paleo bread, that tastes more like a dessert!

Oh buggar! The first easy Paleo bread I do turns out to be addicting! Almond bread is a nutrient dense bread that tastes more like a coffee cake of sorts. It's didn't help I put some jam on top. I could of ate the whole thing. I am gad they are pretty small. The best part about the almond bread is one slice is VERY satisfying. Although it's scarf-able. I try to stick to one, or have it with a meal. That way I am not tempted to make a meal of it. 

Image

This is a very simple bread. I was searching for a good go to that I can make with few ingredients. I always like a no brainer I can whip up in a pinch. Here I found "Savory Almond Flour Bread" from the Bombshell Blueprint. Maria Guadagno is a Holistic Health Coach, and Raw Food chef in NYC. See her link at the end of the page.

Ingredients
Almond Flour/Meal* (2 1/4 cups)
Ground Flax Seed (1/4 cup)
Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
Baking Soda (1-1/2 tsp.)
Eggs (3 large)
Honey (1 tbs.)
Apple Cider Vinegar (1 tbs.)
Image  
 One tip; make sure your Almond flour has no chunks in it. Almond flour is dense, and can stick together. My loaf came out a little flat. Next time I will run my flour through my coffee grinder. You want a very fine consistency.

Image


Update: I have now done this a few times now. I have found that if you pop the honey and vinegar in the microwave for about 20 seconds it will blend better with the eggs. You really want to whip the eggs in with the honey and ACV too! My last loaf I used my hand mixer to really fluff up the eggs. That way I had more wet ingredient to add to the dry, and it was less dry and lumpy. The difference was night and day! I couldn't believe it was the same recipe
Instructions

1- Preheat oven to 300°F and use grease a  6.5 x 4" pan.

2- Combine the almond flour, flax seed, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.

3- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the eggs, and then add honey and apple cider vinegar.

4- Stir the wet ingredients into dry and mix only until combined.

5- Pour batter into a 6.5" x 4" loaf pan pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.















No comments:

Post a Comment