Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cherry up for spring! Add a DIY carpet deodorizer to match the set ofyour DIY supplies.

Hello Spring. Although it was warmer before you arrived here in Colorado, (that's just how we roll) it's time for those big clean outs you inspire. 

 I walked in to my toddlers room and wondered if I had a toddler or a teenaged boy living in there. Peeeeeeew! Stinky children. Well it was time for a new batch of fabric softener, fauxbreeze, and carpet deodorizer.  Using my trusty old recipes I made up a batch of softener, and then used that to make the spray. The only difference is this time in the softener I used strawberry conditioner and added some cherry essential oil (Add 15-20 drops). Yummy! You can find cherry scented conditioners out there, but I am sticking to my dollar a bottle of 'what ever'!
IMAG2617



 Time for new carpet deodorizer. I love the scent of cloves, but I thought it would be fun to keep my cherry theme and turn that teenage smelling room back to my pink loving  girly toddler room.
There are two methods I used for the carpet deodorizer:

IMAG2614
Go nuts with the clove. It's  Dollar Store Clove!

Baking soda and spice

Start with a cup of baking soda, then add your spices. You can use, Cinnamon and Allspice, or straight Clove. Which I love for the rugs coming in from the garage. Essentially add as much or as little as you can stand.

Make your own AllSpice

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves or 1/4 teaspoon clove
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
IMAG2615
Just add Cherry EO, or any other EO of your choice. I just like matching my house hold scents.
For Cherry carpet deodorizer (or any scent)

1 cup of baking soda

15 drops of your favorite EO

Mix in bowl, and stir with metal fork. Let sit for 24 hours to make sure your EO infuses into your baking soda.

The popular container is the parmesan lid on a mason jar. But if you're like me you have a hoard of jars, or prefer to reuse what you have. To reuse a jar with it's lid is as simple as hammer and a phillips head screw driver. Put several holes in the top by using a small phillips head. I do it on a rug so when you hammer through there's less noise, and no damage.








Lavender-1

No comments:

Post a Comment