Saturday, March 9, 2013

I brake for coconuts.

Face and Body wash in ONE!

OK, I know I just posted a ton of new face recipes, but I have been using them for quite some time. It's just  takes THAT long for me to get it up here. So as usual I got distracted by a new ingredient my favorite coconut! It's great for sensitive skin, it will soothe your skin, nourish your skin, and you will feel lovely and soft after. For the first time I made something, and I am typing it up all in the same day! *Shocker, I know!* There was a winter storm warning today so after playing in the snow, cleaning up, I made up my new cleanser and hit the shower. All in the name of beauty science! I really just wanted to say "SCIENCE!"

I was so going to insert Thomas Dolbys' "She blinded me with science" but nooo EMI blocked it in the USA because of copy rights... LAME!! C'mon EMI. So you get this:

You're Welcome

The other day I was at The Dollar Store and they had their coconut milk in stock again. When they have it I clear them out! It's great to make it with pudding, and make chocolate mouse (I will share that nom nom too). I was searching for other things to do with coconut milk and came across just the cutest blog. I didn't bother going any further. I used her recipe, with an addition to an add in ( of course, that's how I roll). I tried it with and with out my add in. It is just a wonderful experience! With a little more research I found the hair recipe which it derived from too. I am doing that tomorrow, hair washing day!
Face & Body Wash

1cup coconut milk or cream (I used canned because it has a thicker consistency)
1/3 cup castile soap (just like the original I started with the lavender)
1 tablespoon coconut oil (unrefined, cold-press organic. You want all the goodness)
1tablespoon olive oil 

*10 drops of tea tree (optional add in for problem skin. Start with 10, increase if you like and know your skin.)

Add to your reusable bottle, and shake! Perfect on a loofa for the body, wonderful on a wash cloth for the face. Finally an all in one, face and body! 
Coconut and Tea Tree oil

Bonus for added moisture and acne fighting :

Melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil, add 10 drops of tea tree oil. Pour into a jar, you can use it as a liquid right away. Then it will harden and use the warmth of your hand to melt again. Make sure you pour it into a wide enough jar to get your fingers in! I used baby food tubs. Perfect! 
Coconut milk  and oil wash for a snowy day. 
After my shower with my new yummies, it was time for a cup of tea.]

Of course by now you know that the super powers coconut oil possesses. A quick rundown just incase.

·       Anti-inflammatory
·       Antimicrobial
·       Antifungal
·       Antiviral
·       Improves nutrient absorption

The uses are endless, the ultimate list I like is here: 

80 Uses for Coconut Oil


Some of my favorite uses for Tea Tree OIl:

Cleaning: 
The non-toxic version of cleaning that is. Add 1 - 2 teaspoons of Tea Tree Oil to 1 - 2 cups of water in a spray bottle to disinfect and clean surfaces. An added bonus is the TTO smells so much better than chemicals.

Acne:
Using a Tea Tree Oil Soap to treat acne has been very effective for many.

Abrasions:
Add 5 drops of Tea Tree Oil to a small bowl of warm water to clean the abrasion. Then add two drops to one tablespoon of Almond Oil and massage the affected area.

Body Odor:
Add several drops to bath water daily to fight off the bacteria causing body odor. Add a few drops to a small amount of baking soda and put in smelly shoes to eliminate nasty odors.



Dry Skin:
Add 6 - 7 drops of Tea Tree Oil per oz. of Almond Oil and apply to skin often.

Flu:
Add ten drops tea tree oil to a warm bath and soak. After dilute five drops tea tree oil in one teaspoon almond oil and massage your whole body. Go to bed and rest.


Heres another list, and another list.


You know me, I just had to drop some natural "SCIENCE"!



Image

7 comments:

  1. thanks darlin' Also posted the Coco-poo too! I just got done drinking my left over coconut milk, made smoothies. I could swim in this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I like coconut milk too. I've never tried it in smoothies though. I might just have to try that for breakfast tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post! I'm going to have to give some of these a try...something tells me my wife will particularly appreciate it:) And thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gone co-co-cray-cray! THank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea if my reply went through!
    Wordpress comments never work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah there they are! great I do look co-co-cray -cray now! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete