Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Paleo Bread

So I have been a little busy for two weeks...

I have just moved over from Wordpress. No matter what you read it isn't as simple. Even using the converter... my friends it only converts 1 MB at a time. It was a long task, then I had to go back through the posts and edit out the last HTML that was left out, and make sure it all looked the same. Then I got on the PC, a lot of the pictures were huge. It looked all fine and dandy on my ancient Mac Book Air! I also didn't know that if you move, your pictures don't move, they are still hosted by WP. Maybe one day I will slowly replace each picture. But for now I kept the WP site open with blank post and no text, with a redirect link! I was going to make it private so I could just delete the thing later. But if you do that all your photos become un-pinnable! After all that  I am sure there's some wacky looking things and links I have to fix, but for now I am content.

But I am fine with being content, because this is the first time I am getting to write, or touch my kitchen. Soon after the move and clean up I closed my laptop and became ill. Not a sniffle 'I can function kind of sick', but in bed husband at home bedroom DOOR CLOSED!  I add this happened after the weekend both my little ones got pink eye, and then a virus after that. Guess where I got it from. I was a hot mess! It was the sickness I fear, ears and throat. The first few days were miserable, by early Sunday morning like 3 am I was in tears of pain. The ears were now beyond the threshold of normal illness pain. I once got a perforated ear drum being this sick, I was getting scared. Luckily these days medical care has gone beyond going to an Urgent Care where there are a lot of Saturday night left over oddities still lingering in the wait area. I only say that because I did have to go to one in my 20's when I lived down town Denver. All I have to say is never again my friend.
At 3 am my husband googled a place that was an off hospital site clinic that had a walk-in. At this point I didn't care. I drove myself there at 8 am when they opened. Hubby was at home because the kiddos still had that second virus. Luckily it was a quick process, and no it wasn't scary. My sickness was bad enough they prescribed me these horse sized antibiotics! After two days, I am down graded from death to sick! Yay me! Some body really should put a biohazard sign on our door and rope off the house in yellow CDC tape.

OK, so to present day, getting an appetite back, I am hungry! With no bread in sight I had to whip some together. After I made my families granola bars. My will power stopped me from diving in to the batch I am a Paleo Mama now.  I didn't decide to 'go Paleo' I sorta just had to. I discovered no matter how healthy I ate, I still was blowing up. Once I cut out the dairly, and gluten I started to feel amazing. After the first two weeks I feel like a changed woman, and not puffy. I think thats where my will power came from. I have flushed my system out!



Time to experiment with my second Paleo bread. I found  Bread 2.0 still a very simple bread, but with the addition of flaxseed which I love, and arrowroot powder (actually had this on hand). This is an awesome bread. Unlike the Savory Almond Bread this came out more like bread, as in NOT dessert and I can make a sandwich out of it. OK, really I was so hungry I ended up putting almond butter butteron a slice and making that my lunch.  I just made granola bars, fed two kids put them to nap, and not a bit for me, I am dying here people. Also my poor hubby dying on the couch with the sickness... glad HE didn't want food! *sheesh* Families huh!? 

Bread 2.0


  1. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, arrowroot, flax meal, salt and baking soda
  2. In a larger bowl, blend eggs 3-5 minutes until frothy
  3. Stir agave and vinegar into eggs
  4. Mix dry ingredients into wet
  5. Scoop batter into a well greased small-medium
  6. Bake at 350ยบ for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean
  7. Cool and serve
Makes 1 medium sized loaf


May I also suggest CopyCat
 Lara Bars
Paleo friendly.







No comments:

Post a Comment