Saturday, December 28, 2013

Paleo Sandwich Bread


 My Paleo friends, rejoice, and have a sandwich

I have made a lot of Paleo bread, but there's only so much almond bread with almond butter I can take. They were all tasty, but ended up more like a cake. Not so much for just making a sandwich! 



.
That dreaded meal; Lunch.

Sometimes I just make breakfast again, or just stick with one of my meal re-placers because I just don't have time to make a mess and cook for one, then have to cook for the family for dinner later. Some times I just want to take my lefts overs and stick it on bread! Well I found a recipe. I did a whole week of testing via Instagram. Funny enough it wasn't until the last day I made a left over sandwich.


My post work out slug-fest I am famished,
 so it's bacon and eggs!                                                               
 Breakfast BLT !

*My personal note, I recommend an immersion blender for Paleo breads and cakes. Blending the almond butter, and honey is never easy. I now mix a lot of my breads and cakes in a bottle mixer using my immersion hand blender. You get a better flavor and consistancy. It's also an easier clean up! 

*If you like to toast your bread, don't over toast. It will burn very fast because of the egg content!


  • 3/4  almond butter, smooth (store bought works fine too)
  • 6 pastured eggs
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup golden flax, ground
  • 3 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 4" loaf pan with parchment, grease well with coconut oil.
    2. In a large bowl, blend the almond butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar with an immersion blender.
    3. In a separate bowl, combine the flax, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt. Mix the dry into the wet, pour into the greased and lined loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
    4. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan by pulling up on the parchment. Set on wire rack to cool completely.
    5. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days, in the fridge for 7-10 days or in the freezer for a month or so.



    Read more: http://guiltykitchen.com/2013/04/15/paleo-sandwich-bread/#ixzz2ooVvHwXh

    No comments:

    Post a Comment