My Paleo friends, rejoice, and have a sandwich
I have made a lot of Paleo bread, but there's only so much almond bread with almond butter I can take. They were all tasty, but ended up more like a cake. Not so much for just making a sandwich!
That dreaded meal; Lunch.
Sometimes I just make breakfast again, or just stick with one of my meal re-placers because I just don't have time to make a mess and cook for one, then have to cook for the family for dinner later. Some times I just want to take my lefts overs and stick it on bread! Well I found a recipe. I did a whole week of testing via Instagram. Funny enough it wasn't until the last day I made a left over sandwich.
My post work out slug-fest I am famished,
so it's bacon and eggs!
Breakfast BLT !
*My personal note, I recommend an immersion blender for Paleo breads and cakes. Blending the almond butter, and honey is never easy. I now mix a lot of my breads and cakes in a bottle mixer using my immersion hand blender. You get a better flavor and consistancy. It's also an easier clean up!
*If you like to toast your bread, don't over toast. It will burn very fast because of the egg content!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 4" loaf pan with parchment, grease well with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, blend the almond butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar with an immersion blender.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flax, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt. Mix the dry into the wet, pour into the greased and lined loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan by pulling up on the parchment. Set on wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days, in the fridge for 7-10 days or in the freezer for a month or so.
Read more: http://guiltykitchen.com/2013/04/15/paleo-sandwich-bread/#ixzz2ooVvHwXh