Friday, July 24, 2015

Paleo Bun for ONE!


This simple bun is a great simple base. I have used it with a burger, and in a breakfast biscuit.
There are variations, and add ins to suit your needs.
In the first attempt I used grass bed butter for a burger bun with chia seeds. For my breakfast biscuit I used walnut oil for a more fluffy crumbly texture.

Paleo Bun For One
1 Egg or 3 TBS Egg Whites
1 TBS Almond Flour
1 TBS Coconut Flour
1 TBS Coconut Oil (or melted grass fed butter, or walnut oil)
1/4 TSP Baking Powder
 Pinch of Himalayan Salt

Add ins: Chia, spices, seeds to compliment your protein.

Mix, let sit to thicken (mine always thickens in Colorado right away!) Scoop and form into two buns. Bake on oiled parchment paper @ 350 for 10 to 12 minutes until a nice golden brown, High altitude for me was 12 minutes.

 In this burger I used butter, and chia seeds.

Trihex Fitness and Nutrition now open!


No comments:

Post a Comment